Monday, January 27, 2014

21 Days of Detox And Madness

So today begins the 21 Day Sugar Detox for Ethan and myself. I've been wanting to do it for a while but found excuse after excuse as to why we couldn't do it. Finally I have had enough. I am 3 pounds away from being back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Although that is a great accomplishment in itself that I was able to get under my baby weight about 2 weeks after I had Lincoln, I have goals for myself. The main one at the moment is to lose 20 pounds by Lincoln's first birthday in June. I. Will. Make. That. Happen.

It was getting a bit ridiculous with the amount of sugars we have been consuming lately. Breastfeeding has given me intense cravings - more so than when I was pregnant. The main thing I crave? Chocolate and dairy. My favorite go to snack (doesn't matter what time of day) is Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch or Peanut Butter M&Ms. Delicious, but moderation has become a curse word in the house. Sooooooo let's stop talking about sweets before I go stomping through the kitchen like Godzilla on a rampage. Just kidding it's not that bad...yet.

Day 1 of the detox really wasn't that bad. Obviously because it's Day 1. My biggest concern was what to put in my coffee this morning. Coffee is a must when you've got two kids and a dog to keep entertained all day. Especially when said children and dog decide to all fit together in a queen size bed with my husband and I at 3 in the morning. Fun times. Honestly though coffee without sugar wasn't as bad as I expected. I can't stand even the thought of black coffee so I added a bit of organic half and half, a spoonful of coconut oil, and a dash of cinnamon.

Seriously why haven't I been using cinnamon? It was the theme today and soooooo yummy.

We had cinnamon and garlic pork chops tonight with roasted Brussels sprouts. I wish I had gotten a picture of it, but seriously we all just inhaled it. Tomorrow there shall be pictures.

Tonight as I'm typing this out in a hurry because Ethan's got to wake up stupid early in the morning and Lincoln won't let anyone put him down at the moment, I feel pretty good. No adverse symptoms to report. No terrible cravings. I'm optimistic about the whole thing. We'll see how that goes later on this week.

Wish me luck! Give me some pointers if you've completed the detox before.

No comments:

Post a Comment