Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Yet Again

I have been really sick, and now the Monster is sick too. He's had fever and other ailments that aren't pleasant at all. We are finally both on the mend, although Aiden has become very clingy and whiny today so I don't think he's completely over it yet.

I have been really behind on my blogging, and for that I am sorry. I will be catching up this week on everyone else's stuff now that things are getting easier around here. Hopefully I'll be able to post a few things as well.

We had a really great balls this year and I definitely want to share. It was such an interesting experience.

For now I am just cuddling on the couch with my sweet, sick angel. Sometimes when no other medicine can help, a hug from Mama can make all the difference.

Aiden also had an eye appointment today (thank God his fever broke last night) and the doctor has decided that surgery is now the only option to get Aiden's eyes back to normal. The MRI scans came out great so his eyes are turning inwards on their own for some reason. Which is much better than there being something wrong with his brain. So in January we will be back in Wilmington waiting to see if it'll work.

It will be a quick 45 minutes surgery. There won't be any scars on his skin, no patches or anything to worry about. The only side effect will be bloody eyes for a few days. Either way I'm still worried. I don't think any mother likes the idea of their toddler being put under and cut into. My first surgery was at the age of 20. My son will have two surgeries on his eyes before the age of 3. I just hope this will be the last of the surgeries for a long while.


Aiden with his "pirate patch"


3 comments:

  1. I had a kid in day care that fell and hit her head at the age of 1 1/2 and it shook he eye loose. She had surgery and had to wear the eye patch every day for patch time. It is definitely a struggle getting a little one to keep it on but he looks like he is doing well :)
    I am sorry that he has to have another surgery, but everything will be just fine!
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww poor thing! I hope you all start feeling better. Keep us updated on the surgery!

    www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little man. I hate when babies are sick. I'll keep little man in my prays.

    ReplyDelete