Tuesday, January 11, 2011

PCS Questions

We have 8 weeks left until we move and I am finding myself unprepared. I think it was actually easier when we thought Ethan was getting out because we knew we had somewhere to go when we were moving back home. No matter what happened we would have a place to live.

I'm not sure how to get started with the moving process for a PCS. The realty website that I've been looking at says that to live off base at Eglin we have to go to the housing office and sign paperwork saying that we're refusing housing. That seems a little strange to me. Did anyone out there have to do something similar for their base? Because I know at Cherry Point you don't have to do that at all. All we have to do here is give housing a 30 day notice before we leave.

I have a few questions about how to go about things. When do you schedule TMO? Will they still pack and move you if you don't have an address? Can they move you to a storage unit if needed? Would it be better to DITY move when you're going from a 3 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment? If anyone could help me that would be great because I feel so lost.

3 comments:

  1. We moved ourselves bc we got more money bk that way so I'm not sure about the TMO but I do know that my husband said they can move your stuff to a storage unit if you dnt have a place to go ATM. It was easy for us to move ourselves bc he got the money before we left and got the Budget truck with that money plus they paid for the gas for his car and the truck he drove the truck and I drove his car It really isnt that bad. and we used the website rent.com thats how we got our apartment. Just find a couple places and call them and ask them questions if you have any and if you find a place tell them to email you a application for the apartment theyll do a background check then theyll call you back and let you know that you got approved for it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having TMO move us and then doing a partial DITY. I honestly have no clue what we are doing because our unit here is of no help. The Army base we are doing TMO out of has given us the most info. They told my husband they would hold on to our stuff or put it in storage i we didn't have a house right away but I am not sur if that is the same for everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to send you a message with all the info I have!

    ReplyDelete