Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Time Has Gotten Away From Me

Man oh man things have been a bit stressful around this household lately. I just can't believe it has taken me almost 3 weeks to write something on here. You'd think that when the stressful things start happening I would run to my computer to put my thoughts in order so I don't go crazy. Not the case this time, but I'm working on improving that. I need the quiet space to put my thoughts when everything around me is going 4458651 miles a minute!

I'm sure people have lost interest in reading this blog because I have been so absent lately, but that's fine. I mean this is for me, not for anyone else. I'm sending these thoughts into the vast internet void, but this blog hasn't ever been for anyone else for myself so I'm okay with taking a break every once in a while.

So to make a crazy super long story a short, my best friend Jennifer and her son Tristan (I've talked about them a lot on here) got kicked out of her house by her mom in a crazy drama-filled fight a little over 2 weeks ago. Because they had no where to go and because Ethan and I love them to death we all agreed that Jennifer and Tristan would be moving to Florida with us. I was going around like crazy trying to get everything finished in time for them to be here. We have the plane tickets booked. The extra furniture that we haven't been using has been sold or given away. I've done all of the research for how to get her her license and get Tristan ready for school, and she even applied to a bunch of different stores.

While all of this was happening, Jennifer's grandma was devising a plan of her own. She came up with an awesome plan to help Jennifer out, while also keeping her and Tristan in Austin, where it really is the best place for them just because of all of Tristan's doctors are there and they know his situation and all that. We agreed yesterday that it is smarter for Jennifer to stay in Texas and let her grandparents help her get on her feet, and after the 6 months they have given her, if she still needs help then Ethan and I will be helping her as much as we can.

I have to say that I am a little bummed, just because I was really looking forward to helping Jennifer do something better for her life. I really hope that by her staying in Austin she can make things work, but I'm worried that the same people will keep a hold on her and she won't be able to do what she wants/needs to for her and her son. She really is like a big sister to me, and I just want the best for her and Tristan. If that is in Austin then that's great.

I'm not mad at all. The plane tickets have been credited to us so we didn't lose any money, and the furniture we got rid of really needed to go anyways. I'm just glad I hadn't started throwing out Aiden's toys yet, although a few of them need to go just because they're gathering dust in his closet.

On another note, it feels like summer is in full swing down here in Florida. The sun is always shining, the heat it barely bearable, the humidity is oppressing, and the beach is the best place to be.

My business is finally starting to really kick-off here and I'm so excited. I love sharing Scentsy with people I know. If anyone in Florida is looking to host a party be sure to let me know! {Or I can always do an online party or a Skype party for anyone out of state}

Today was supposed to be our first pool day with some great friends that we've met here, but Aiden is apparently sick so that won't be happening today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

How have things been with you in the cyber world? I have gotten on here periodically to check up on other blogs, but I feel like I've been gone forever. Let me know if you're still out there and how you've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment