Monday, October 18, 2010

Summer Reflections

Now that I have more than a few moments to myself I'd like to take a few minutes to look back on this summer. It was a very interesting and friend-filled summer. Starting in May when my nephew broke his femur. Jennifer can't drive and her baby daddy wasn't being very helpful at the time so Ethan and I drove down to Texas so that I could help her out. Ethan stayed for a few days and then flew back to NC that way I could have the car.

Aiden's first haircut


cardboarding


Aiden and Tristan


I spent the entire month of June in Texas with Jennifer. Jennifer and I spent most of the time at home letting the boys play, although I did get a few days to myself to get some things taken care of while I was there. I finally came back home 4th of July weekend - just in time for my 21st birthday. Ethan's brother Isaac came to stay for the summer and to help us move at the end of August.






Aiden and Uncle Isaac
 Toward the end of August, Jennifer and Tristan flew to NC to help me get the house packed and cleaned before moving day. It was really interesting for us to go through the house, finding things we never even unpacked from the first move into the house over a year ago. We got rid of a bunch of stuff, but we still had a ton of boxes and such. You never know how much junk you have until you have to downsize. It is insane to me how much crap we accumulated over 3 years!

almost the entire house packed away...there were about 30-40 boxes


loading up the truck


our little redneck babies...sitting barefoot on a washer in the front yard
 
and unloading the truck in the same day















Jennifer and Tristan stayed in NC until the first week of October.  We did a lot of fun stuff with the boys and it was really great to be able to relax after the stress of moving and not moving. They got to be here for Ethan's birthday and his re-enlistment.We had a lot of fun this summer, but I'm ready to have a bit of time with my husband before we have a houseful of people again. I'm so glad that it's fall. The weather is cooling down, the trees are changing, and football season is in full swing. This is going to be a great last few months of 2010!


The first fallen leaf of Autumn 2010 :-)


1 comment:

  1. I would love to meet up at Oktoberfest! Let me know if you guys plan to go!

    ReplyDelete