Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wait do you hear that.....? It's so QUIET!!

I have been absent this past long weekend because in all honestly I was having a break from everything except for my family. My best friend and nephew got on a plane Saturday morning and flew back home, leaving Ethan, Aiden, and I alone for the first time in 5 months!! Is that insane to anyone else? We haven't had the house to ourselves for more than two days in that long.

So what did we do all weekend? Absolutely nothing and it felt great! We explored around Raleigh for a little while with a promise to go back and check out the huge Children's Museum and the downtown shops. We spent all day Sunday watching football (something we haven't been able to do at all while everyone was here). We laid around reading and watching TV and cooking together. It's been so nice to have just the three of us together again.

The weirdest thing is the quiet. There aren't any fighting/arguing/playing/screaming/annoying toddlers going crazy all day. Yes Aiden is quiet a noisemaker, but when you put him and Tristan together...most of the time you can't even hear yourself think during the day. I love my nephew so much, but I do appreciate that my child is much more quieter, probably because he is a year younger.

I have so many things on my to-do list to get done now that I have the house back to myself during the day. I plan on first conquering the mountain of laundry that seems to have piled up over the past week, I need to clean the kitchen and sweep and mop all the floors. Then the real fun can begin. I plan on unpacking the boxes that we still have from when we almost moved. I plan on putting up every picture frame that we own. Aiden and I are going to be doing crafts every few days to keep him busy. I'm turning this house into a home that I can be proud of.

Also I can focus more on Aiden's learning and such. I've always believed that if I stay at home with my kids that I need to teach them just as much as they would learn at a daycare, otherwise I can't really justify not working if Aiden's just going to veg out in front of the TV all day. He is very smart and I love watching him learn new things. My goals before he turns 3 is for him to know a lot more Spanish vocabulary, to learn another 20 ASL signs, and to be fully potty trained. The potty training is the one that's going to get me. All you moms out there let me in on the secret to getting him to be completely potty trained. He does really good if we ask him if he has to go, but if we don't mention going to the potty he'll just sit there and go on himself and not say anything, even when he's in regular underwear. I don't know how to get past this one problem. If he can start telling us when he has to go he'll be able to do it I know it.

1 comment: