Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend was actually pretty great. There were a few tears, but mostly just laughter and love. It has definitely been the best two days I've had since this whole baby mess started.

Saturday I had some really great friends over for dinner. We made this super delicious Spicy Cauliflower Mac N Cheese from Lemon and Lace. Seriously it was amaze-balls. I've had it for lunch both Sunday and today. Yummy!! And the best part? All three kids ate it {mostly} with little to no complaining. We drank wine and just had some nice girl time while the kids wore themselves out upstairs.

We decided to have an impromptu sleepover so the kids piled up in Aiden's room together and we stayed up til around 2 watching Grey's Anatomy, which I am totally hooked on all over again. Thanks Netflix!

Sunday we woke up later than planned so we decided to go to the evening church service up in Lake Forest. Instead we had a lazy day. Waffles for breakfast, and another round of Grey's while the kids played upstairs and watched movies. I didn't change out of my pajamas until after 3 pm.

I had never been to the evening service {that is geared specifically for the younger church crowd, 35 and younger} so I was pretty excited. We grabbed some Del Taco on the way up there, which is also a plus since they have yummy chicken tacos. When we got there I was completely blown away by the size of the church. When we lived in Memphis my parents took us to a huge church - one of the biggest in Memphis I think - but compared to Saddleback, it was small.

Sadly we had the time wrong so we got there halfway through the service, but it was still an awesome sermon. I love watching Pastor Rick in action. There's just this fire about him that gets you excited to learn and grow in the Lord. And the worship...gave me goosebumps. Pastor Rick was baptizing people after service and we watched for a few minutes before the kids all decided they wanted to get in the water too...so we explored the campus a bit. I have to say it is just simply stunning.

Once the Monster was put in bed, I was listening to music and missing Ethan when he called me! Ah I was so excited because he told me he wouldn't be able to call until he is on is way home this weekend. Seriously it just made such a perfect ending to a really awesome weekend.

I can slowly feel the healing start, and I'm not complaining one bit.

1 comment: