Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm A Business Woman

This month Ethan signed me up to be a Scentsy Consultant. I have been a regular Scentsy buyer for over a year, and I know a lot about the product, and I love it. There are so many wonderful things about Scentsy. With the move to Florida coming up, Ethan saw Scentsy as a way for me to come out of my shyness shell, branch out, and meet new people. I think it is the best thing he has ever done for me.

When we moved to North Carolina I didn't get a job at first. I was young and dumb and a (not so) tiny bit lazy. I had had a job since I was 15 years old when I dropped out of school. I wanted to take a break from work while I had the opportunity. Three months after moving here, I got pregnant and didn't see the point in getting a job when I would quit once it became uncomfortable to work anyways. Ethan and I had decided that I would stay home with Aiden until he starts school.

There have been times since then where I have felt like a bum just staying at home all day with a kid. Now don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not a bum, nor is anyone else who stays at home with their kids. It is a job all in it's own where there is no break. You are a chef, nurse, counsellor, chauffeur, maid, parent, and friend all in one. But going from working 40 hours a week since the age of 15 to not working at all...I just miss working, but I wouldn't give up the wonderful hours I have alone with my son each day to teach him new things and see the world through his innocent eyes. It really is a very special thing to be a stay at home parent.

With Scentsy, I work from home so it truly is the best of both worlds. The only time I actually go to work is to go to a party. How cool is that?? Who else gets to say that they go to parties and they just make money?

Yesterday I had my first Scentsy party. It was so much fun! I was really nervous at first, but I pushed through and did a great job. It feels so liberating knowing that I am in charge of my business and that I have the potential to bring in extra money, which is always a plus. After I saw how easy it was to make money with this business I am just so pumped. I want to just share this amazing product and company with everyone.

Just since yesterday I feel more confident in myself. I have always felt that I don't fit in here, and that I'm just floating around not really doing anything, but just being here. Now I feel like I am contributing to our family while not giving up my belief in staying home with my son. I am just so happy that I have an amazing husband who supports me and believes in me. It really is an amazing feeling.

3 comments:

  1. I don't want to sound like an insensitive jerk, because it's GREAT that you're becoming a consultant ... but have you thought about going back to school to finish your high school education? I mean, when your kiddos are a little older, you may want a part-time position from 8-2 during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you're not an insenssitive jerk. I have my GED and once we're settled in Florida I plan on taking online classes and get my teaching degree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great! I hope you get a chance to get your teaching degree.

    I also just signed up to be a scentsy consultant! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete