Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Vegetarian Wednesday - Bar Food

A lot of people have been asking me for my enchilada recipe. I am going to post it, but because I don't use a recipe {I just make it up as I go} I'm going to make them this weekend and write measurements, as best as I can. So look for my "famous" enchiladas next Wednesday.

I recently turned 21 and have been slowly introduced into the bar scene. Being that Ethan and I both don't eat meat {I am now a month with none at all!} our choices are limited when we eat at places like Buffalo Wild Wings or the bar on base. So I have put my own twist on a few yummy appetizers. 

Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 (8oz) pkg    seasoned chicken-style veggies strips - diced  (I like Smart Tenders Chick'n Strips)
2 (8oz) pkg    cream cheese - softened
1/2 sm (about 8 oz)    velveeta - cubed
1 (16oz) bottle    fat-free ranch dressing
1 (12oz) bottle    hot wing buffalo sauce
1 c.     Monterey Jack cheese blend

- Cook chicken strips according to package.
- Place the diced vegetarian chicken strips, cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo wing sauce, and velveeta into a crock pot. Cook on low, stirring occasionally, until the cheese is melted and the dip is hot, 1-2 hours. Stir in the shredded cheese and serve with chips or veggies.


Jalapeno Poppers

1 (8oz) pkg    cream cheese - softened
1 (8oz) pkg    shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 c.    mayo
10-15     fresh jalapenos - halved lengthwise & seeded
2     eggs - beatened
1/2 Tbsp    milk
1 1/2 c.    breadcrumbs

- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, and mayo. Stuff jalapeno halves with the mixture.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a separate small bowl.
- Dip each stuffed jalapeno half into the egg and milk mixture, then roll in breadcrumbs to coat. Repeat.
- Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and lightly browned.


Veggie Pizza

 1 roll    refridgerated pizza dough
1(8oz) pkg    cream cheese - softened
1/2 pouch    ranch dressing mix
1 sm can    sliced black olives
sliced carrots
chopped fresh broccoli
1/2 - 1 c.    shredded cheddar cheese

- Roll out dough onto baking sheet and bake according to package. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Mix together ranch packet and cream cheese in a small bowl until smooth. Spread mixture over pizza crust.
- Top pizza with fresh veggies and shredded cheese.
- Refrigerate 20-30 minutes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment