Thursday, September 30, 2010

Vegetarian Wednesday {a day late} - Alfredo Bake

This is one of my favorite go-to dinners. It so easy and really tasty! One day Ethan and I were fighting and I just started throwing things together and this was the outcome. Ethan says I do my best cooking when I'm angry. :-) I love aparagus and alfredo so this is a perfect mix for me, but this can easily be changed to suit your tastes or whatever you have in the pantry at the moment.

Alfredo Bake

1 lb      rotini
2 jars     alfredo sauce {I prefer roasted red pepper alfredo}
2 boxes     "fake" chick'n {we use Smart Tenders Savory Chick'n}
1 bunch     asparagus - cut into 1/2 pieces
1 can     artichoke hearts - quartered
5-6     calamata olives - chopped
3 clvs     minced garlic
1-1 1/2 tsp    onion powder
sm palm     red pepper flake
1-1/2 c     shredded mozzerella cheese
pinch of salt and pepper

- Preheat over to 350 F.
- Cut up asparagus, artichoke hearts, and olives and place in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.

- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and return to pasta pot.
- While pasta is cooking, our the jars of alfredo sauce into a small bowl and add the minced garlic, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Stir until mixed well and let it sit so the flavors can mix together.
- Cook chick'n according to package. Cut into bite size pieces.


- Add alfredo sauce, vegetables, and chick'n to the pasta. Add  about 1/2 cup of mozzerella cheese. Stir until everything is mixed together.


- Pour pasta mix into 13x9 inch baking dish. Top with left over cheese.


- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until cheese is melted and alfredo is bubbly. Let cool and enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. I would have to swap out the olives and asparagus, but never thought about artichoke hearts! I love them and surely would love them in alfredo! I will definitely have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete